October 23, 2008

Kindermusik Kraziness

So I decided to get Addy involved in a couple of activities so that I don't feel like I need to put her up for sale. I thought the interaction with other kids and fun activities would be good for her. Today I took her to a free trial of a Kindermusik class in a lady's basement. There were about 10 other kids Addy's age all behaving very nicely and enjoying the songs and instruments and dancing. What was Addy doing you ask? Addy was the child that was throwing a tantrum on the floor. She was rolling all around until she banged against a wall and then she would repeatedly kick the wall. She was crying and whining and I was mortified. A couple of the other moms said, "It's okay, that's normal for the first time." Liars! The teacher was trying especially hard to make me feel okay, but I knew when she said, "Even if you want to take her down the hall for a little while to see if she feels better..." that was my cue to get the heck out of there. I told her I was going to take Addy upstairs and see if I couldn't calm her down. Let's just say I couldn't get in my car fast enough; there may even be tire screech marks on the side of the road. Luckily, I didn't know anyone in the class and hopefully I will never see them again. But odds are, I'll run into one of them at Walmart when Addy is throwing another fit from having to sit in the shopping cart. I'm really sad because the class was darling. The teacher called me when we got home and said we should come and try it again and then if it still doesn't work, maybe wait until January...or never. So, not only will Addy never be a child model, but she also seems to hate music, instruments, cute songs, and people. Awesome!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that sucks! I'm so sorry! That's the worst!!! Gretta has had many a day where I felt like I could do no right. I wish I had advice for you! Hang in there? Honestly, age three has been dreamy so far ... other than the fact that she refuses to potty train, but she's charming as ever so I hope you have the same fate int your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Miki! I'm so sorry!! I would have done the exact same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that is horrible! So sorry to hear about that. But on a side note, I wanted to let you know that there are several days a week that I want to sell my children. You are definitely not alone there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry. I know you love her to pieces, but you will like her a lot more when is is 4. 2 and 3 year olds are so fun, but they are hard. I love your pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we moved to California Hudson was the same age as Addie is right now and he would act like that sometimes ! Oh how fustrating I know how you feel! I took Hudson to try a fun place like that and it did take him a few times to like it and not pitch a fit! Then he loved it! But sometimes it just not worth trying again! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miki this is Tracy Heninger Peery. I am having a fog and I cannot remember if I have ever commented on your blog or not. So sorry you know how mother hood is. I love your little blondie she is so cute. We just moved back to SLC and it has been fun to feel closer to everyone. My email is tpeery@comcast.net. Hope all is well and forget the kindermusik not worth it! and yes we have been through that I am really worried about putting my son Crew in the class! who knows what will happen.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. linc and addy are so related! i am pretty sure it is from the eberhardt side. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete