I struggled with the dilemma of what to do with Addy and school all summer. She turns 5 on the 25th of September, so she missed the classic deadline to start Kindergarten despite being a good head taller than her peers or already knowing all the pre-K requirements. I just couldn't justify paying private school tuition for Kindergarten. So, I chose a good preschool, Montessori, that would work with her individually so she wouldn't be bored and would continue to learn. Montessori also had a Kindergarten program, but again, it was more than we wanted to be paying, so we just went with the preschool 4 days a week.
About 3 weeks into preschool I had to pick up Addy early. The director came and talked to me and asked me if I would be okay with them putting Addy in the Kindergarten class. She said she could just go 4-days a week so the tuition would stay the same, but she thought she would do much better in the Kindergarten class. I was really happy to hear this from someone else not related to me because it made me feel like my motherly instincts were right all along...unfortunately, the financial ones couldn't quite aid in the process. So luckily, we found the best of both worlds. As to what this means come next year? We'll see...but in the meantime, I didn't want to miss getting pictures of her first day of Kindergarten.
Her poses make me laugh and remind me of Elaine from Seinfeld.
Yahoo!
ReplyDelete