October 18, 2009

Trip to Nauvoo

Jonathan and I had an awesome opportunity to travel with his parents and his aunt back to Nauvoo to meet up with his other aunt serving a mission there. John and Sandi graciously threw out the invitation and we happily accepted.
Confession: Jonathan was really excited about this whole trip. He is a true scriptorian and really enjoys church history. I think my exact words to my friend Summer before we left were, "I know the church is true and everything, but church history sites aren't at the top of my list of vacations I want to go on."
Well, I loved every minute of it and I am so happy I got to go. It was a definite highlight and testimony builder. Thanks to Pops and Sans for a wonderful trip! And thanks to my parents who watched our sick Addy. We took London with us and she traveled like a champ!


So, we flew into the St. Louis Airport and then road-tripped it to Nauvoo.
First stop:

St. Louis Arch







Okay people...have you been here?
It's AMAZING! I thought we were just getting out of the car to go and take pictures of an arch. Who knew there is like a whole city underneath it full of museums, theaters, gift shops, and you can even ride up to the top of the arch!

Here we are waiting for our little elevator.


The inside...kind of sci-fi-ish...kind of tight. No wonder they asked if anyone had closterphobia issues. My Aunt Lil would have had a panic attack!





See...tight. Good thing we all like each other.


At the top of the arch. Jonny and London enjoying the view out the little windows.



If you ever get the chance, this is a must-see!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a really fun trip! I am sure you are right my Mom would have freaked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No seriously, you have to see it to believe it, huh. I was there once a humdred years ago and it was a site to see. I was impressed and a little terrified at the rickety ride to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip! We went as a family when I was a teenager and I loved seeing all of your pictures to remind me!

    ReplyDelete