May 8, 2010

Goldilocks Women's Only Bike Event

I am a part of the very prestigious Healthy Herriman Committee.  And by prestigious I mean, anyone who can get themselves to City Hall the first Tuesday of the month, can be on this committee.  My sister is also a part of this committee.  Well, every year we put together Pedal Palooza for the great community of Herriman and this year we added a women's only bike ride with over 600 riders called Goldilocks.  My sister was in charge of the whole thing and did an AMAZING job!   




Here I am with my biking friends, Melissa, Lindsay, Jenni, and Lisa.  I helped out at the lunch stop which my Mom catered, therefore, no riding for me.  My two girls came to visit.  (Thanks for the pictures Melissa)


Rest Stop with beautiful Kennecott Copper Mine in the background



Lunch.  Yum.
My cute grandma came to help too.  My mom is a fabulous caterer and did a great job with lunch.  She made 3 kinds of homemade cookies and had them in the glass jars at the end.  Had to laugh everytime people would ask, "Where did you get these cookies?"  My mom would say, "Uh, my oven." 

Overall, it was a huge success and we are looking to double the numbers for next year and make it even bigger and better!!

2 comments:

  1. I still remember when we were little and I learned that your mom was a caterer. I was seriously impressed! I think it was at one of your birthday parties and she made pizzas. I also remember having options for milk - like either skim or 2% or something like that and I had no idea there were such things! My mom must have always bought only 2%. It really opened up my world! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is amazing!!! I know where she got the cookies... my ? is how do I buy some?! YUM! Looks like it was a fun event.

    ReplyDelete