So, we've got some serious temperature problems at our house. Our bedroom has 3 walls that are outside walls, so it doesn't matter what we set our thermastat to, it is always colder, much colder in our room. Well, for someone who has a baby cooking in her body, this isn't a big deal for me. My lean husband, however, wakes up with a headache because his head is so cold.
So, we started using a space heater in our room to combat the cold-head syndrome. When I would wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I would always be so hot that I would just turn the space heater off hoping that Jonathan wouldn't notice. Sure enough, the next morning...cold-head. He didn't like my idea of just wearing a beanie...something about how it's his house too.
Anyway, the worst part of the cold room, preggers or not, is when you first get into that freezing bed. Brrr! Sometimes I would stay in sweats and then I'd wake up a few hours later roasting!So, to solve all these temperature problems, I bought a lovely electric blanket with dual controllers so he can make his side as hot as he wants. We turned it on last night before we got into bed and it was, well, heaven. My sheets were warm, my toes were warm, it was lovely. Well worth the price. I turned the blanket off before I fell asleep, but Jonathan didn't. When I got up to go to the bathroom, he was asleep with no blanket on him at all because he was so warm. I kindly woke him up and told him he could turn it off (didn't want him waking up with a cold head). I think we should have all the kinks worked out, so tonight should be smooth sailing.
This will be our second winter back in Utah and we're just wondering why we suffered through last year without such a lovely luxury. I love my BeautyRest.

Jordan and I have the same problem. I am always roasting from cooking the baby and his lean little body is all wrapped up in the blankets. Poor guy. That is a great idea though. I'll have to look into it!
ReplyDeleteWhen are you due? I am so excited for you guys. Will you find out what you are having?