September 13, 2009

Day 3: Princess Breakfast, California Adventure, Dad

So, if you pay enough money, you can have a meal with the princesses before the park opens at California Adventure. Most young girls would be thrilled for such an opportunity. Ariel greets you when you walk in, since you are eating at Ariel's Grotto, and then the other princesses come while you are eating and stop at your table to talk with you and take pictures. With Addy's extreme LOVE for the princesses the first day, we thought we'd give it a try hoping she may warm up a little more.

Hmm, not so much. Let's take a closer look at that happy face.

Can't you just feel the love? What horrible parents we are, making our child meet these Disney characters.

Couldn't wait to see Snow White again.


See how happy she is?

Progress...doesn't need Mom in the pictures anymore. More of a neutral face, not so much disdain.

Wow! She let Cinderella actually wrap her arm around her.

So here's the funny thing. After each time a princess would stop at our table and we'd twist her arm to meet them and take her picture with them, she's hop back in the booth and say, "When are we gonna meet the next one?"
Next time I think we need to go with some friends or cousins...a little peer pressure may help her out a bit.


After such a fun-filled breakfast, we hit the rides.

Loving the ferris wheel.
Happy face in front of Yosemite Falls.





I love this picture. Enjoying the parade just before Disneyland closed for the night.
Just as a side note, Addy was tall enough (40 inches) to ride on every ride...Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Soarin' Over California. She only did the latter, but we thought it was somewhat crazy that our still 2-year-old met the height requirement. Maybe she'll be a model one day with her 6' frame and her photogenic faces...oh wait.

4 comments:

  1. No seriously....you have to send that first pic of you guys and Ariel into the Ellen show. You just have to!!!!! CLASSIC! What a treasure. Steve and I are rolling on the floor laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy updates! I love it. Coz and Barn told us the princess story this morning...we laughed at their impressions but seeing it pictures? Much better! So so so funny. Way to go Addy, break the mold...who needs princesses anyways? (Side note: I was looking at the blog while Graham and I were eating lunch. I didn't think he was paying attention...he got a big grin on his face and yells "Addy!".)

    Looks like camping was fun. Tyler's comment about Addy sleeping made me laugh outloud.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest picture I have ever seen. I cannot stop laughing. I want to meet Addy.

    I love your blog it always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete