September 13, 2009

Trip to California

Jonathan had to travel to So. Cal for work, so we decided to tag along and make it a little mini-vacation. The first day of our vacation was supposed to start with a 4:50 pm flight to LAX. We left our house 2 hours before thinking it was plenty of time to catch a flight on a Tuesday afternoon. Well, after running into construction, hitting every red light, changing shifts with the shuttle driver, by the time we tried to check-in with 30 minutes to spare, they wouldn't let us check any bags. Awesome. So, we ended up on the 8:25 pm flight. But Delta was really nice and waived the $150 fee to change the flight, wow, now that's customer service (sense the sarcasm). So, with Addy having no nap, it was a fun-filled 5 hours of airport time, flight, more airport time, and car rental craziness. When she was finally strapped into her carseat in the car at 11:05 pm, she fell asleep.



Day 2 was Disneyland!





Waiting for the bus to pick us up. Because it was a business trip, I took both girls to Disneyland by myself. Thanks to the nice dads who helped me load my double stroller on and off the shuttle and giving up seats so I could put London's carseat down and for not saying out loud how crazy you thought I was.













So, this Disneyland trip was very different from any other because it's the first time I've taken kids. Jonathan and I went numerous times when we lived there and pretty much just skipped Fantasyland in general. Not this time. I didn't really do much research or plan anything ahead of time. When we first got in the park, Addy kept asking to see the princesses. I knew we had a breakfast planned with the princesses the next morning, but she kept asking to see them, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I was behind this family and I overheard the dad say to his little girl, "We'll do that ride later, we're going to see the princesses first." Well, I just hopped on his coat tails and followed him here. Since we were there right when it opened, we only had to wait 15 minutes, but by the time we left the line was an hour and a half wait. Because Addy had such a great reaction to the princesses, I'm sure glad I didn't wait any longer.














Classic Addy.





This was our first ride. Addy kept asking, "Mom, how do we get out of here?" over and over again.




London on the train. She was such a GREAT baby.



The night before was taking its toll and we rode the train twice around the park hoping that she would fall asleep, no luck.



Alice in Wonderland









Tea Cups







Waiting for Dumbo







Best baby ever!


On the way home, sweaty and tired, we had this conversation:

Me: Hey Addy, what was your favorite part of Disneyland?

Addy: Riding the bus.

Next time we need a vacation, I'll just buy a day pass on UTA and save a few bucks.


3 comments:

  1. sounds so fun...maybe you take Addy on tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! I LOVED her faces w/ the princesses! We took Grant to Tokyo Disney, the only thing he wanted to do was meet Mickey--waited 1.5 hrs for that--and then he wanted to go home. I should've bought him a stuffed animal and gone home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miki! It is your old roommate Shannon "Kingsley" Abbott. I've been blog stocking you threw Arians blog. It's crazy how we have so much the same going on. I just had my second kid in June and I also just got back from Cali doing the same thing as you, Disneyland and the beach. Your girls are beautiful. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete