October 21, 2010

Miss Modesty...or NOT

Preface:  So ever since Sister Friendly came to Primary and talked about being modest (last April), Addy always lets us know when something isn't covering her shoulders that it isn't modest. 

Today Addy said to me that after she was Belle, Tinkerbell, and Strawberry Shortcake for Halloween over the next 3 years, she wanted to be Jasmine. 

"But Mom, Jasmine shows her boobies."  (That skank!)

Me:  Well, maybe we can find a costume that will cover your body better so it will be modest?

Addy (without hesitation):  Or I could just show my boobies. 

Prologue:  To a 4-year-old brain, as long as her shoulders are covered, might as well flaunt those boobies.  Looks like I haven't quite taught her everything yet.  I'll get Sister Friendly right on that.

4 comments:

  1. I think I saw a billboard in Vegas that had the same idea. :) She is hillarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the word "boobies" coming out of Sister Friendly's mouth in Primary would be a priceless moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh great. i better watch what i put my girls in when they are around her. Pretty much their whole summer wardrobe is sleeveless. did you always wear shirts with sleaves. I don't think I ever noticed. thanks for not being preachy about it if you did:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is the post I thought was HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete