November 13, 2010

Ladies Trip to Cancun

I have been blessed with the world's best mother-in-law!  She had 4 boys, no girls, and every three years she treats her four daughters-in-law to a fun-filled getaway.  Last trip we went to LA, had 5th row seats to Wicked, and shopped til we dropped.  This trip was an all-inclusive resort in Cancun which was absolutely AMAZING! 
 Our day went a little like this...layout & read, eat, layout & read, eat, layout & read, eat. 

Hardest decisions of the day...pool or beach?  pina or daquiri?  more guac or more ice cream?


Our lovely suite had an abnormally ginormous whirlpool tub in the middle which we thoroughly enjoyed.


and got a little silly.

So not only am I blessed with the best mother-in-law, but also with these fine ladies!  I thoroughly enjoy their company.  We shared many laughs, good discussions, a few tears, and great memories. 

Nacho Libre

Yum!

Our poolside waiters.  Pablo said more than once (in his thick Mexican accent), "Tequila ladies?  Come on you're on vacation."

I read Lone Survivor while here and was deeply moved.  I stayed up til 2 am with my heart pounding during the midst of the Taliban's attack on these brave 4 navy seals.  I sat by the pool with tears streaming down my face as I felt such pride and gratitude for brave men and women who fight for our country.  Thank you to all those who serve to keep us free and safe.  If you haven't read it, I hightly recommend it!

On our way to dinner

Enjoying a walk on the soft white sand while trying to burn a few calories and work up an appetite for dinner.  The three of us were totally enthralled in our conversation on politics and economics.  (Did I mention these ladies are super smart...masters degrees and PhDs?)



Spent a lovely afternoon at the spa enjoying manicures and pedicures


Yummy food and a great mariachi band


Uh...playing with the restaurant decor?  I'm pretty sure those drinks were non-alcoholic.

Thank you for an amazing trip Sandi!  Can't wait for 2013!

Thank you to Jenni, Dani, Andrea, and Kristin for helping with my girls!  It's so nice to have good friends and family who are always willing to help.


6 comments:

  1. i can admit that i am TOTALLY JEALOUS! your trip looked like a BLAST! how fun to have such an awesome MIL and SIL's. glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Mother- in-law. and such a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Hawaii and Cancun all in one year!! Where do I sign up. If I end up with all boys I might just have to steal this idea from your mother-in-law :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Fun! I am jealous. The closest I get to a beach is our little Herriman Resevoir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so completely jealous!!! that looks like a blast. so fun for you to have a great get a way! you always look so darling btw.

    ReplyDelete