November 14, 2010

Megan & Julie

So Addy's best buddy Megan lives just across the street.  They play together at least 5 out of the 7 days typically starting at one house and ending at the other.  She's a spunky little girl who makes me laugh.  We had the pleasure of hosting both Megan and her 6-year-old sister on Saturday for an afternoon of fun. 

The girls found the Christmas Nativity dress-ups down in the basement which kept them busy for awhile.  Addy yelled up the stairs that they were ready to show me their play they had been working on, so I promptly went downstairs to see the masterpiece. 

Julie was Jesus, and not baby Jesus.  She proceeded to raise Megan from the dead and heal Addy because Addy touched her robe. 

I was trying really hard not to laugh for so many reasons, but was seriously impressed that Julie knew those stories (way to go Marianne!).  

After they put the costumes away, Julie walked up the stairs and let out a big sigh.  "I am so tired.  I have been playing Jesus all day." 

Makes me laugh out loud everytime I think about it. 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love hearing kids play, it's always so funny. My niece went to preschool at the Jewish Community Center, and one Christmas while visiting she was playing with a little baby Jesus, all the while singing "Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel." It was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....your post made me laugh out loud. I am just sad that I missed it. I just heart Julie. You are so good for letting her come over and "take over". Just remember I do not take responsibility for anything my child teaches your children that you do not want them to be taught ;)

    ReplyDelete