It's been a few years since I've been to the Festival of the Trees. My in-laws offered us 4 tickets, so I jumped at the chance and took the girls on a Friday afternoon. Since when did the festival become less about the actual tree and more about all the crap and toys on the floor surrounding the trees?
The kids area was a fun new addition since the last time I had been...or maybe it's always been there and I just didn't have kids. Well, I, being the unprepared mother that I am, had no cash or check so it looked like we would be unable to participate in any reindeer games. Although unprepared, I am resourceful and shameless, so I proceeded out to the ticket stand with my one extra ticket and sold it to someone in line for a discount which gave me the few bucks I needed to entertain my girls.
After the reindeer games, my girls weren't interested in looking at any more trees or gingerbread houses, they wanted to watch the dancers on stage. We had to wait a few minutes for the next group to take the stage and boy, it was a doozy. I won't mention any names, but it had to be the WORST dance studio in the state of Utah. My girls sat through all of their dance numbers and clapped very enthusiastically after every number while I moaned and groaned under my breath. While driving home I asked which tree was their favorite (a la Gpa Barney) and their response was the dance show.
Next time I try to venture out and do a fun Christmas activity with my girls, we'll just look up the local dance recital and call it good.
No comments:
Post a Comment