March 19, 2009

I know I'm pregnant when...

1. I was cleaning my house with my ipod blaring in my ears and totally started crying while listening to It's America by Rodney Atkins. It's not even a sappy song...just feeling overwhelmingly patriotic.

2. I've been to the Distribution Center, not once, but now twice to get bigger unmentionables. That's a great feeling.

3. At the doctor appointment today, I weigh the same amount that I weighed the morning I delivered Addy. Awesome! Still have 8 weeks to go... I think you weight less in California because you are closer to sea level, right?

4. I have the blessing of getting a family picture at our Eberhardt shindig in Vegas in 3 weeks. Picture this: Almost 9 months pregnant wearing pink. Visions of cotton candy machines gone awry are dancing in my head. Chalk it up to posterity or something.

5. I can eat Sour Patch Kids by the handful...at least as long as my tongue and the roof of my mouth can handle it.

6. My nesting has kicked in; however, this time it's in the form of sanding and painting old furniture. Pictures are coming. I think I'm addicted to ksl.com classifieds...serious good deals.

7. It's official...I'm waddling.

9 comments:

  1. I think liking sour stuff must be in your genes. I remember eating lemons with citric acid on them with Dani at your house. It made our tongues peel. . . lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain Miki. I also already weigh as much as I did when I had Wyatt, with 7.5 weeks to go. I didn't realize we were so close in due dates. I keep hoping that my baby is good and cooked by 37 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weighing the same as you did when you had Addy? How is that possible. You are so tiny. If you were any smaller you would blow away in a stiff wind. You look awesome. I pray that these last 8 weeks will go quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't consider you waddling yet. And, you will not look like a cotton candy gone awry. You are tall, slender (with a basketball under your shirt) and always so put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you really expect anyone to feel bad for you miss seven-foot-tall beautiful blonde with the tiniest baby bump and only 8 weeks to go.

    Do you remember what I looked like? Count your blessings lady, you don't know how good you got it!

    I get it over being overly patriotic though. I got that way too. Curse you Lee Greenwood. I sobbed every time I heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mik, you are hilarious. Congratulations on the new baby! You have to post a photo...I don't believe you weigh anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen up BEAUTIFUL--I haven't seen any recent pics, but I know you're still looking HOT these days. Maybe a little bit awkward, but nothing can be worse than sweaty helmet hair combined with a smashing "jumper" so don't worry sista---it'll all be worth it in a couple of months. Love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny. I am sure you probably feel pregnant. But you look fabulous. Try not being pregnant and crying during EVERY biggest loser show, and still weighing what you did when you had your first.:-) You look like a hot mama! I saw strut that waddle!

    ReplyDelete