I stopped to put gas in my car yesterday. London was getting a little fussy, so I gave her my keychain to play with. I finished pumping gas and was hurrying to get back in my car to get warm and I couldn't open my door. It was locked. So I tried London's door. It was locked too. London. I looked in the window to see my happy vampire baby holding the keyless remote in her hands. I was hoping that her little fingers would somehow find their way to the much smaller "unlock" button, but when she saw me she dropped the keys.
Great.
Phone? In the car.
Coat? In the car.
BABY!! In the car.
All locked.
Addy? Preschool. Bummer.
I went to the girl working at the register and told her the situation. She told me to call the police because they will come open the car for you if their is a child inside. Um...do you have a phone I could use? She kindly called the police for me and a few minutes later Deputy Marshall showed up.
Car running? Nope.
Baby in rear-facing car seat? Check.
He looked in the window, and London gave him her award-winning smile and he said, "Wow! She is a really cute baby." Thank you. Now can you save her?
Just a little blood-pressure looking machine to wedge my car door a bit open and a long glorified hanger-type thing and it was open. (If you are a car thief, this is the way to go)
Ten minutes later we were on our way...and I wasn't out $100 for a locksmith.
Thank you Deputy Marshall. A plate of cookies is on the way.
So scary for a few minutes. I've already had several electronics destroyed by babies so I never hand Emmett my keys, and now I have another reason not to.
ReplyDeleteJust a little note, the police will come whenever you call if they have an available officer even if you don't have a baby in the car. I have used them three times (yikes), but anyways always try them first before a locksmith :)
ReplyDeleteI love Mike Marshall. He is so nice. I locked Maddox in the car while he was holding the keys once. Luckily, I was able to persuade him to hit the unlock button.
ReplyDelete