June 21, 2008

Country Fest 2008

There's just nothing quite like a country fair on a beautiful summer night. We attended South Jordan's Country Fest for the first time this weekend. It was, well, interesting. We rode some fun/sketchy rides that we paid WAY too much for, we found out that Addy does actually have a little bit of fear in her (those little tugboats are awfully frightening), and we still can't figure out where in the world they find those carnival workers! I never knew that they set up recruiting booths in the backwoods of Arkansas. Sorry for the stereotypes, but if you could have seen what we saw, you would understand. Most of them were missing a majority of their teeth, spoke in crazy English, and pretty much looked like they hadn't bathed for awhile. I think it's great that they have a job and are working; however, I would prefer someone with a little less grease helping me and my small child in and out of rides. It didn't help the matter much that Jonathan thought he had seen one or two of them on America's Most Wanted. Awesome.
Despite the interesting employees, we really did have a fun time. Please excuse my obvious prejudice agains two-toothed souls.

I will go ahead and add "swinging" to Addy's Top Ten. She LOVED it!


Hey Addy, would you please pick your nose for the picture? Good girl!


6 comments:

  1. Love the carnival commentary. It is so true! Addy is such an adorable little thing. She is a great mix of the two of you. I especially love the swim diaper catastrophe. Sounds exactly like my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to go the fair! Looks like you had a fun and "interesting" time. :) Love the swimming story....kids always have great timing huh? Your lil Addy is so dang cute and quite a mini YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miki,
    I loved your carnival story, and just so you know, you don't have to go to the backwoods midwest to find such lovely people. In fact the summer I worked as a waitress in a very "greasy spoon" diner in Kamas I got to know a lot of people like that. For some reason that I never figured out, one of the cooks had not brushed her bottom teeth in literally ten years. She got brushed her top but not her bottom and evidently it was too late to try anymore because her gums would just bleed and bleed if she did. It was a great comfort to know she was one of the cooks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't beat the fair. You guys look so cute and summery! Hope to see you guys before the end of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the commentary, espcially about america's most wanted. ha, ha, ha. looks like lots of fun. can't wait to see y'all, if just briefly, in august. yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Looks like you had a lot of fun. You ought to come down to the south to see more interesting people. :)

    ReplyDelete